What do you know about: Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence is a loss of control over urination. Here are a few treatment options:
- Kegel exercises can strengthen the muscles that surround the openings of the urethra, vagina, and rectum.
- Bladder retraining teaches you to hold your urine for longer periods of time.
- Several medications treat incontinence.
- A pessary is a firm rubber ring that can help incontinence caused by a sagging uterus or a bulge or bend in the urethra.
- Surgery may be used when noninvasive treatments fail.
- Though they do not treat the problem, pads or adult diapers can offer security.